Friday, December 5, 2008

You have to love playing 3300 hands in a session, be down multiple buyins for 99% of it, and make it all up plus some in the last ~20 hands.

I played one session early for only about 500 hands, and made $70 in the process. I felt pretty good about it but needed to get more volume in, so I started my 2nd session at about 10pm. Pretty early I had dropped a few buyins, I remember a QQ vs KK hand I probably could have gotten away from, but I'm apparently not good enough to do that yet. After that it was all downhill. Lots of losing small pots and even got 5-bet pushed by AJ into my QQ that I ended up losing. At one point I was down about over 4 BI and lost a decent sized hand to a donk when I made what I thought was a pretty decent river bluff only to be called down by 3rd pair. At this point I started to tilt, and this hand happened. Not too proud of that one, but I was running about 3 BI below EV for the session at that point and that hand evened that up pretty much.

I should have quit after that since I obviously wasn't clear headed enough to be playing. I didn't, though, still wanting to get even for the day. I probably played another 1k hands before I was around the -$130 mark. Then finally caught some luck(aside from the tilt hand.

AA vs KK semi deep
hit a flush draw
$189 side pot, lightest deep stackoff ever.

I ended up +75 for the session, and about +145 for the day. just under 4k hands for the day. ALL of my stats (w$wsf, w$sd, w$wosd) would indicate a losing day if looked at by themselves. Even my set% has been very low this week. Nothing I can do about that one, but I've been throwing a lot of money at small-mid PP with pfr and c-bets, it'd help if my hit % was a little closer to par.

Probably close to $50 in rb today and over 1k FTP I'm sure. I'm definately liking the volume I'm putting in, the first "full" rakeback payment I'll get since starting to put in a lot of volume won't come in till next friday. At this point it should be about $105 as of right now with the rest of today through Monday yet to be played. I could see myself hitting $250 in rakeback for a week! Keep the volume up for a month and thats 1k just in rakeback! Son of a bitch, this is actually starting to seem doable.

Given my play today, I'm considering taking it easy tomorrow session wise. Though I'm greedy, and if I can clear my head and convince myself to play smart I may just say fuck it and go on as normal. I don't know if I'll hit 40 hours for the week. I'm at just over 21 hours right now according to HEM. I'm not too worried about it obviously. If I put in 35 hours I'm not gonna kill myself to get another long session in, especially over the weekend.

No comments: