Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I took like 2 weeks off from cash games for some reason and played pretty much only sngs on the laptop.  Since I'm now unemployed I figured I'd try putting in 40 hours of poker this week and see if its something doable.

My first day(monday) didn't exactly go well.  I played 8 hours, approximately 3200 hands, all 4 tabling.  I finished down ~250.  Not exactly an encouraging start.  A few things were encouraging.  I had awful luck vs shortstacks, I was probably down $200 just vs 40bb

Tuesday I ended up going to bed early without putting in a session because, well, my sleep schedule sucks lately.  I went to bed at midnight and woke up at about 6am.   I'm gonna try to stay in a similar schedule for a while, I don't really want to go back to the 2pm-7am schedule anymore.

Today I put in 2500 hands 6 tabling 50nl.  I was up over 400 when i finally put an end to the session.  Thats definately encouraging after seeing my br down under $1600 yesterday.  Now I'm back near the 2k mark.  I made about $30 in rb one top of that and close to 800 ftp.  I'll probably put in another session later tonight.  I feel pretty comfortable 6 tabling, surprisingly.  I started to get impatient playing 4 tables, and can't really 8 table without cascading.  with 6 tables I can play with some overlap but still pay attention to all the tables.  Not to mention it gets me more hands in, which is always a plus.  Only problem is now I want a bigger moniter, and I'm not sure the situation would be any different with a 24".  If I go dual moniters it would fix the overlap problem, but I'd really like to have a 30".  That's just not in the budget right now.

No comments: