Tuesday, August 5, 2008

This call only works in August

I was having a fairly marginal session, up about 1/2 a buyin over 500 hands, then this happened. I had some history with the villian which inspired the call, I actually figured him for AcKc, but turned out to be in much better shape this way. Picked up another $25 in the next few hundred hands and clocked out for another +$100 day.

I'm still ~$6,900 away from my $10,000 goal by the end of the year, but it does seem doable. Somebody ran the numbers and 100k hands @ 100nl for 2 months at 4ptBB/100 + rakeback would get me there. I don't expect to play 100k hands per month any time soon, but I do have 5 months to get there and I've done 50k hands in a month before. Regardless, I thought it was a very lofty goal in the first place and didn't really expect to get there(or know how feasible it was) unless i hit a decent tourney win(lol). I'd be pretty happy to look at my BR in late December and only see myself in the high'ish 4 digits.

Still on track for iron man for the month. I'm liking my chances of getting there. Kind of a shitty promotion but I'll need to get there for the next two months if my tentative plan to get the 24" moniter from the ftp store in 2 months. the $100 bonus I'll get for that at the end of the year makes it pretty well worth it too. I'd like to get >$500 in in the end of the year ironman bonus this time, I only got $200 for the mid year and I think I easily could have done better.

No comments: