Monday, August 4, 2008

Football is good

Football is coming fast, which means the next 6 months will be fun and interesting, then another 6 months of tedium and filling time by convincing myself I enjoy other sports enough to call myself a "fan".

Camp opened up at BG, and they already look about 1000x better than they did at this point last year, when I swear nobody caught a pass until week 3. The new JUCO QB has some wheels and likes to use them apparently. I was somewhat surprised at the number of snaps he got. Season outlook is positive, Phil Steele has us winning the MAC East, which would be nice. Going to the MAC championship game in Detroit would be fun, and bowl games are fun unless you're Antonio Smith.

I watched the first NFL preseason game. Indy vs Washington is an interesting matchup for the first game, but then again its preseason which is only interesting for 2 games anyway. I was done watching midway through the 3rd quarter, but then Indy dropped the proverbial smelling salt on all the bored fans watching by bringing in the hefty lefty himself, jared lorenzen.























Thats just game over right there. You can't not watch him, he's 285 lb of fucking fantastic.

Poker is going well. August is already my most profitable month to date, here's hoping it stays that way. I'm destroying 50nl lately, and I still have 4 coaching sessions from SootedPower I've yet to cash in on. I may have to take those at 100nl at this rate, hard to believe when I scheduled those I was down >20BI at 50nl and 8 tabling 25nl just to stay above water. <3 variance.

No comments: