Thursday, August 7, 2008

I woke up at 6am today for ungodly reason. With nothing to do I obviously turned to poker, which I've now deemed a mistake. I dropped a quick 4 BI and spent the next 1800 hands trying to claw my way back to even before getting coolered a few times and finding myself right back at that -$200 mark, dropping my BR below $3,000 for the 3rd time since breaking 3k a little under a week ago. I didn't recognize anybody I was playing with obviously. From now on morning poker is for tournaments only when I get the urge to play.

I took my first shot at 100nl later, just 2 tabling with wali on the mic to make sure I don't donk off a couple larger than normal BIs. I was pretty happy with the results:

403 hands -- +49.70 -- 6.17ptBB/100 -- EV adjusted +95.54 -- W$woSD +76.30

I'm sure that W$woSD stat isn't gonna be typical, but I did get a sense that people were thinking through hands a bit more and were more capable of laying down hands moreso than at 25nl/50nl. Plus I ran into some good 2barrel and semi-bluff spots.

some highlights
1st big hand, welcome to 100nl
big semi-bluff -- naff1 was playing all around spewy, after this hand i vow to get his stack
i get naff1's stack
cooler
this never worked at 50nl

Adventures with Bodo84
3-betting me eh?
this seems familiar
now he hates me
thats more like it

Bodo had been 3-betting me pretty relentlessly from the BB. He took down 2 small 3-bet pots against me as I started to call his 3-bets light and threw in a light 4-bet for good measure. I definately got the best of the ~150 hands we played together ending up +$31 vs him. I was pretty happy not to come out on the tilt-inducing side of that little adventure.

Oh yeah, I almost got blown off the top of the press box at practice today. The weather went from calm and overcast to 40-50mph wind gusts rather quickly. The camera case went overboard but I stuck it out for most of the practice and managed not to miss any plays in the process before I got summoned down by the boss. It is rather unsafe up there given the wind conditions in BG, good thing I'm not afraid of heights I guess.

No comments: