Friday, October 31, 2008

October results, November Goals

The results don't look as nice  as I'd hoped, but its a start.  Thats about 2 weeks worth of play.  My last 5 or 6 sessions at 25nl have either been multiple buyin losses or small wins, which killed my winrate for the month.  50nl was going to be about breakeven until this hand gave me a nice end of the last session of the month boost.  I didn't bother to keep track of my HUsng or tournament results/buyins, so we'll call those a wash even though I'm pretty sure I came out ahead with those given a pretty sick run in HUsngs.  Earned about $250 in rakeback for the month and got Silver level ironman on FTP.  All in all not a bad start after 2 months off.

I am getting bored with 25nl.  Its just not challenging, and after long sessions if I'm not up a decent amount I tend to get impatient and much more willing to flip.  So I'm moving to 50nl.  My br is sitting just under $1,700 right now so I'm in decent shape to move up.  I'm not gonna set a hard volume goal but I do want to hit ironman for November.  I think if I really focus on moving up I can still get myself to 100nl full time by the end of the year, which is sort of a goal I had in mind before I took a break.  So for now, 50nl it is.  I think I'll keep up with HUsngs when I don't feel like playing a full session.  I'm still debating whether I want to pursue tournaments anymore right now.  They're definately not worth the time + effort at the stakes I'm willing to play right now(up to $26), but I'm still somewhat interested in them.  Maybe I'll start playing the daily double every night and cut myself off at that.  Its just frustrating to look at how much I've won at HUsngs in the last week and realize its only gone to support my nasty tourney habit.

No comments: