Thursday, October 16, 2008

More poker!

Triple FPP happy hour was enough incentive for me to put in a session at 50nl today, ended up a couple buyins on the good side and made out with a little under 1k FPP in the process.  Added in a 1700 hand session at 25nl during insomniac hours and frustratingly only netted 1 BI.   I think I'll keep jumping between 25nl and 50nl until I get my BR back up to about 40 BI since, well, I'm a nit.  I can't bring myself to play 50nl full time with 20-25 BI, not after what I went through in July anyway.

I should hit Silver level of Ironman this month, which isn't bad considering I didn't put in a real session until the 13th.  At the rate I'm playing I should start netting $100+ a week in rb again, which is nice since its free money I've neglected to put the necessary work into for the last 2 months.

I find it odd the role poker plays in my life.  I'm either completely engulfed in it or I completely stay away from it.  Since August I hadn't played poker aside from the random super turbo sng, watched a video, or so much as ventured into any of the actual poker related forums on 2p2.  All of the sudden I get that itch to play and before I know it, I put in 2,500 hands today, read nvg, bbv, televised poker, and even some of the uNL forum(crazy, I know).  That and I'm currently downloading episodes of WSOP and PAD.  I even watched a deucescracked video.  Maybe tomorrow I'll give SP a holler and cash in those coaching lessons I ordered back in July.

Few observations from my weekend in columbus.  I need to either branch out and make some new friends or catch up with some of my old friends from high school and college that I've sort of drifted from.  I have a very small circle of friends at the moment, which, while not necessarily bad, is kind of discouraging.  There needs to be a rule against getting married before you're 25.  It completely fucks with your social situation.  I also found out that this diet I'm on has me reacting very strangely to a full day's worth of solid food.  Eating at Mcdonalds and then at Hoggy's in columbus had me feeling like complete shit and kept me in for the night, which caused me to miss out on some bachelor party shenanigans that randomly happened.  I'm gonna have to make some adjustments, and also maybe buy a scale, since its odd to be on a diet and not have access to one.

Also, Terrell Pryor is frustratingly talented, Penn State is real good, and lol at Michigan.  TOLEDOOOOOOOO!

No comments: